Achieving Academic and Professional Excellence with MOUAU
Thank you for considering Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, for your Post Graduate programme.
If you have completed filling the first form and made payment, Click Here to proceed to proceed to the second stage
Explore the available Post Graduate programmes in the various Colleges at Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike that matches your interests.
Find details about the Application to the Post Graduate studies below.
Video on how to apply online
Before applying to the Post Graduate programme at Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, check below to see the General Admission Requirements into the Post Graduate programmes, programme-specific requirements and the Application Process.
- Click here to read the Post Graduate Online application Advertorial
- Click here to read the Step by Step guide to Apply
- Click here to Apply when you are ready
- If you have completed filling the first form and made payment, Click Here to proceed to proceed to the second stage
General Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to a Postgraduate programme of the University, the candidate must possess five (5) O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any other three relevant subjects at not more than two sittings.
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD)
To be eligible for admission to the PGD programme, candidates must be holders ofthird class honors first degree in a relevant discipline from any university or holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) at minimum of upper Credit in a relevant discipline. For unclassified HND Certificates, a CGPA of 3.5(5- point scale) and 3.00 (4-point scale) or 60% shall be taken as equivalent to upper credit.
- MASTERS DEGREE (M.Sc.)
To be eligible for admission to the Master’s degree programme, candidates must.
- Be graduates of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike or any other recognized Universities by Senate and shall have obtained a first degree with at least Second Class Honors.
- Possess a first degree with Third Class Honors from a recognized University and at least an Upper Credit at Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field, or
- Possess the Higher National Diploma (HND), with at least Upper Credit and Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field from a recognized institution, or
- Any other certificate or qualification that may be acceptable to Senate.
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY DEGREE (Ph.D.)
To be eligible for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy degree programme, a candidate shall have obtained a Master’s Degree which includes course work and research from this or its equivalent from any other University recognized by Senate in relevant disciplines, with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.5 (5- point scale) or 3.00 (4- point scale).
For enquiries about the Application Process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org